Advancing the Vision
The purpose of our multi-phase ‘Advancing the Vision’ campaign is to raise funds for the substantial expansion of facilities on our 640 acre main university campus in Ndola, Zambia. While our capital project includes new facilities and vital campus infrastructure – our focus is on advancing the vision of Northrise University to “empower the people of Zambia, one student at a time.”
Overview of Campus Expansion
- Annual enrollment is expected to grow from 750 to over 2,000 students in the next 5 years
- Construction of a campus center (completed June 2016), student activity center, convocation center, and future schools of agriculture and engineering
- Construction of additional dormitories to increase student housing to 350+ students
- Four new faculty housing duplexes
- Infrastructure improvements to support additional student capacity and Northrise Farm production
Phase One is complete and included the dedication and opening of the new 34,000 square foot Campus Center in June 2016. The building is home to faculty, students, and staff and contains a 200 seat auditorium, library, computer lab, cafeteria, and offices. Supporting campus infrastructure including roads, parking lots, and the main campus entrance included in Phase I development were completed in early 2018.
Phase Two is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2018 and will include the construction of a new dormitory, two faculty duplexes, alumni house, and additional supporting infrastructure. The new dormitory is the top priority due to growing enrollment and demand for on-campus student housing.
Meet our Students
See the results and meet some of the students that are in our scholarship program.