SERVING IN ZAMBIA WITH NORTHRISE UNIVERSITY
Many different opportunities are available to love, encourage, and serve the people of Zambia under the leadership of Northrise students and staff. Men’s and women’s conferences, children’s vbs-like activities, medical and dental clinics, and building and farm projects are just a few of the many ways to be part of an incredible week of mission and service.
SCHEDULE: JULY 6th or 7th through July 13, 2019
- Arrive in Ndola on Saturday afternoon, July 6 or Sunday, July 7. (Early arrivals can attend a local worship service on Sunday). Work starts Monday preparing for our service projects and getting familiar with the Northrise University campus and neighborhoods in Ndola.
- Tuesday through Friday we serve with the students of Northrise University and finish with a celebration event Friday evening open to all our Ndola neighbors.
- Leave Ndola on Saturday, July 13. For those opting in to the trip to Livingstone we fly to southern Zambia to experience Victoria Falls, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World and go on a safari!
- Plus 30-hour travel to/from Zambia/US and 2 nights in Livingstone at Victoria Falls, total days traveling approximately July 5 – 20.
Overall cost is approximately $4,500 depending on your flight arrangements and includes your participation in the trip to Victoria Falls in Livingstone. Fundraising tools are available.
- The set cost for the mission/service trip week in Ndola is $1,000/person which covers service project expenses as well as hotel, meals, and transportation in Ndola, July 7-13.
- Flight expenses to travel to Zambia and back will vary, but average $2,000.*
- Required travel documents and optional medical precautions average $250-$500.
- The optional trip to Livingstone will cost approximately $1,500/person.
*FLIGHT DETAILS: Flight costs vary but historically have ranged from $2,750 to $3,250 – price-check these routes from your home airport to Ndola via: [LHR to JNB to NLA] or [DXB to JNB to NLA] Note: If you participate in the Livingstone excursion at the end of the week of service you will fly home from LVI instead of NLA. (The flight from Ndola to Livingstone is a private chartered flight arranged by Northrise and included in the $1,500 estimated cost.)
For more information contact Kelly Shaw, (602) 330-6274, email@example.com